Feeling Unwell? Could it be Norovirus?
The recent drop in temperature has seen an increase in norovirus – also known as the ‘winter vomiting virus’ 😷😷
What are the symptoms of norovirus?
- Feeling sick
- Abdominal cramps
- Feeling achy
What should I do if I think I have norovirus?
- The best thing for norovirus is to Stay At Home – this will help to prevent the spread of the virus!
- Rest and stay well hydrated.
- The virus can spread very easily, so washing your hands regularly with soap and water is the best way to stop it from spreading.
- The virus will run its course and symptoms should start to improve after a day or two; stay off work or keep children off school for at least 48 hours after the symptoms have resolved.
When should I seek medical advice?
- If symptoms do not improve after a few days
- Blood in stool or vomit
- Signs of severe dehydration, such as thirst and decreased urination, tiredness, dry mouth, feeling faint
- If you have an underlying condition such as chronic kidney disease
If you need to speak to a GP, ZoomDoc GPs are available 24/7 for instant medical advice. Just download our app to speak to a GP within seconds for telephone, video or home visiting consultations.