General PCR Test
✓ General & Travel PCR Test
✓ Test at Home or Hotel.
✓ Post, Courier or Drop Samples at the Lab in Central London.
✓ Certificate Provided.
✓ Same Day Results: All Samples received by Lab before 1pm.
About this test
General PCR Test
- Adults and Children (of any age) can undertake this test.
- Same Day Results Guaranteed for all samples received by the lab before 1pm.
- Can also be used as a Fit To Fly Test.
Who should take this test?
- If you have current symptoms of Covid-19, including a persistent cough, high fever or shortness of breath symptoms
- If you believe that you have had recent exposure to the virus and are worried that you may be infectious. In the earliest stages of the illness, many patients may be asymptomatic.
- The PCR test detects the presence of Covid-19. ZoomDoc can provide this test to both Children and Adults for either symptomatic reasons or pre-travel purposes.
When will I get results?
- Same Day results for all samples received by the lab before 1pm each day.
- Guaranteed results within 24 hours. If sample received after 1pm each day.
🎄 Christmas Opening Hours: 25th December: Lab Closed. 🎄
Can I get same day results?
- Yes. All test samples that are received by the lab in Central London before 1pm each day [7 days a week] – will have their results on the same day.
- To ensure a same day result – simply courier or drop your test kit at: Salient Bio, Unit 504 Cocoa Studios, The Biscuit Factory, 100 Drummond Road, London, SE16 4DG
Can I post my sample to the lab?
- We include a Free Tracked24 Royal Mail postal return envelope. Samples posted in Priority Post Boxes should arrive the next working day. Please note: Royal Mail does not deliver or collect samples on a Sunday.
Christmas / New Year Lab Opening Hours
24th December: 9am – 4pm
25th December: Closed
26th December: 9am – 4pm
27th – 30th December: 9-am – 6pm
31st December: 11am – 4pm
1st January: 11am – 4pm
2nd January: 9am – 4pm
Royal Mail Deliveries may be delayed during the Christmas & New Year holidays
What is Included?
✓ General PCR Test
✓ Listed UK Government Testing Provider
✓ Recorded, Next Working Day Delivery of your Test Kit (if booked before 3.30pm Mon-Fri)
✓ Same Day Delivery of Test Kits across London Available
✓ 24hr Tracked Royal Mail Return.
✓ Same Day Results – if sample received by the Lab before 1pm.
✓ Emailed Results & Certificate
✓ Analysis of all results by a ZoomDoc Doctor
When to test
Taking your Test
You can take this General PCR test at any time.
- Royal Mail 24 hour tracked return: This is included with your test kit but please be aware that samples sent after 5pm on a Friday, may not arrive at at the lab until Monday morning.
All urgent PCR Tests are advised to be couriered to the lab.
- Courier: Your test sample can be couriered to the lab. Samples received at the lab before 1pm – will be analysed on the same day.
Salient Bio, Unit 504 Cocoa Studios, The Biscuit Factory, 100 Drummond Road, London, SE16 4DG
There is a dropbox outside the lab location that samples can be posted within.
Frequently Asked Questions
What will happen after purchase of a test kit?
After purchase of your test kit, it will be immediately dispatched to your home or office. After it arrives, you must activate the test with the details of the patient undertaking the test. There are full instructions on the test kit box.
What will happen if I do not activate my test kit properly?
Unfortunately if your test is not correctly activated we will be unable to contact you with your results. If you feel that you haven’t correctly activated your test kit you must contact us as soon as possible.
I’ve activated and taken my test, now what?
Please ensure your test is packed as per the instructions within the test kit. You should then send your test to the lab as soon as possible by either using the attached pre-paid tracked24 label to post it or, for much faster results you may wish to courier it to the lab in Central London. Do not take your test to the Lab if you have any symptoms suggestive of Covid-19.
What is my unique bar code?
The unique bar code is listed on your test kit box and should be used at the time of activation.
What do I need to do before taking my test?
Please wash your hands thoroughly. Ideally you should not take your test in close proximity to others, make sure you sanitise the area in which you take your test e.g. tables, mirrors etc.
What is the PCR Swab Test?
The test involves taking a single combined swab of your throat and then nose.
It is a PCR test that detects the genetic information of the virus, the RNA. This is only possible if the virus is there and someone is actively infected. By detecting the viral RNA, which will be present in the body before antibodies form or symptoms of the disease are present, the test can tell whether or not someone has the virus very early on.
We provide an instruction leaflet and video that details how you should take the test.
Will the swab hurt?
You will need to take samples from both your throat and nostrils. This can feel uncomfortable, you may feel like gagging but you should not experience pain. Do not insert the swab any deeper if you begin to experience strong resistance or pain.
When will I receive my results?
We aim to have your results to you via SMS or email within 24 hours of the lab receiving your test, tests couriered to the lab will usually be processed quicker.
If your sample arrive at the lab before 1pm, results will be provided on the same day.
How Accurate are the tests
The assays used at salient bio show a high sensitivity and specificity, with no cross-reactivity with other viruses.
What if my swab test is positive?
If you test positive
1. You must immediately self-isolate in line with local government guidelines.
2. A ZoomDoc GP will call to discuss your result.
3. You must contact the online coronavirus 119 service who will advise you on the next steps to take.
Do you issue certificates?
Yes – the ZoomDoc team will send you a copy of your results and certificate as soon as we receive them.
The certificate is the laboratory certificate which confirms your full name, date of birth, the date and time the sample was taken and additionally your passport number.
”At ZoomDoc, we have supported thousands of patients during the Covid-19 pandemic with our efficient and quick PCR testing service. Our amazing Trustpilot reviews are testament to the high quality service that our team of Doctors have provided during the last year.
This PCR test can be activated and used by both adults and children who have been in contact with someone with Covid-19 or have symptoms suggestive of Covid-19. We provide same day results for all samples received by the lab before 1pm. “
Dr Kenny Livingstone. GP & ZoomDoc Chief Medical Officer.