Covid-19 Vaccine Home Antibody Test
✓ Roche Elecsys® Anti-SARS-CoV-2 S Test confirms presence of antibodies post vaccine
✓ CE marked.
✓ Simple finger prick blood test.
✓ Results available within 1-2 days on receipt by the lab.
About this test
Covid-19 Vaccine Antibody Test [ Have I made antibodies to the vaccine? ]
This test determines and quantifies the number of antibodies after a Covid19 vaccination.
Roche Elecsys® Anti-SARS-CoV-2 S tests the quantitative determination of antibodies against the SARS-CoV-2 in serum.
- The spike protein is the target of many COVID-19 vaccines including the Pfizer and Oxford AZ vaccines. This blood test enables determination of both the presence and level of antibodies to the COVID spike protein.
- This test can signal whether a person has already been infected and has potentially developed immunity to the virus.
- This test plays an important part in characterising a vaccine-induced immune response
This Roche assay provides a sensitivity of 99.98% and a specificity of 98.8%.
Simple finger prick capillary blood test to be taken at home and sent to our partner laboratory. CE Marked.
Who should take this test?
If you have had a Covid-19 vaccine at least 14 days or more and want to confirm the presence of antibodies.
This test detects the presence of antibodies to SARS-CoV-2 S which is the spike protein of the deactivated virus. Antibodies are produced in the majority of patients as a result of vaccination.
The host immune system reacts to the vaccine by producing antibodies from a few days to 2 weeks and beyond.
The level of antibodies allows identification of people who have antibodies secondary to their vaccination. The length of time that these antibodies remain detectable differs from person to person.
- Not everyone will develop an antibody response to COVID infection or vaccine.
- Timing of seroconversion following vaccine ≥ 14 days.
- Results from different manufacturers of commercial assays should not be compared
What is Included?
✓ Roche Elecsys® Anti-SARS-CoV-2 S Home Test Kit
✓ Recorded, next working day delivery of your test kit (if booked before 3.30pm Mon-Fri)
✓ 24hr Tracked Royal Mail Return
✓ Results 1-2 working days from receipt by the laboratory
✓ Patients emailed with results