Day 2 PCR Test (UK Arrivals)
✓ Day 2 Test
✓ Green Listed Country Arrival
✓ Simple self swab test to be taken at home and then Post or Courier to our partner laboratory in Central London.
✓ Results within 24 hrs on receipt by lab. Same day results if received by lab before 1pm.
About this test
UK Arrivals from Green Listed Countries: Day 2 Test
- Day 2: Green arrivals test.
- Home & hotel test kit available for next day or same day delivery.
- Test for both adults & children.
- Free Tracked-24 Royal Mail postal return or courier to lab.
Who should take this test?
- If you have returned from international travel abroad or arriving into the UK from a Green listed country you must undertake a Green Day 2 Covid-19 PCR test.
- Children aged 5 years and above are legally required to undertake this test.
- Please review the UK government website for further details on green list countries.
When will I get results?
- Same day results for all samples received by the lab before 1pm each day.
- Guaranteed results within 24 hours. If sample received after 1pm each day.
Day 2 – Unique Booking Reference
- You will be required to add your unique booking reference within your online passenger locator form. (48 hours prior to arrival in the UK)
- ZoomDoc will instantly email you your unique booking reference code after you have purchased your test.
How do I return my sample to the lab?
- We include a Free Tracked-24 Royal Mail postal return envelope. Samples posted in Priority Post Boxes should arrive the next working day. Please note: Royal Mail in the UK does not deliver or collect samples on a Sunday.
- Alternatively you can courier your test kit to the laboratory.
What is Included?
✓ Day 2 PCR test – UK Arrivals.
✓ UK Government Listed Testing Provider
✓ Recorded, next working day delivery of your test kit (if booked before 3.30pm Mon-Fri)
✓ Same Day Delivery available across London
✓ 24hr Tracked Royal Mail Return
✓ Results are available same day if received before 1pm.
✓ Patients emailed with results & certificate
GREEN LISTED COUNTRIES
Passengers from the following list of countries are required to undertake a ‘Day 2 Test’ on arrival into the UK:
- Antigua and Barbuda
- British Antarctic Territory
- British Indian Ocean Territory
- British Virgin Islands
- Cayman Islands
- Falkland Islands
- Faroe Islands
- New Zealand
- Pitcairn, Henderson, Ducie and Oeno Islands
- South Georgia and South Sandwich Islands
- St Helena, Ascension and Tristan da Cunha
- Turks and Caicos Islands
When to test
Taking Your Test
On return from travel abroad – you can take your DAY 2 Test at any point up to and including the 2nd day that you have arrived in the UK.
- Royal Mail 24 hour tracked return: This is included with your test kit. Please note that samples sent after 5pm on a Friday, may not arrive at at the lab until Monday morning.
- Courier: Your test sample can also be couriered to the lab.
Samples received at the lab before 1pm – will be analysed on the same day.
Salient Bio, Unit 504 Cocoa Studios, The Biscuit Factory, 100 Drummond Road, London, SE16 4DG
There is a dropbox outside the lab location that samples can be posted within.
Frequently Asked Questions
Are ZoomDoc listed on the UK Government website?
Yes - ZoomDoc is listed on the Government website/GOV.UK. We work alongside Salient Bio laboratories to provide Day 2 tests.
What will happen after purchase of a test kit?
After purchase of your test kit, it will be immediately dispatched to your home or office. Prior to your test, you must activate the test with the details of the patient undertaking the test. There are full instructions on the test kit box
Unique Reference Number & Passenger locator form.
After purchase of your test kit, our team will instantly send across your Unique Reference Number that you will require for your passenger locator form. This is forwarded with your order confirmation.
You will be required to enter this number within your Passenger Locator form.
What will happen if I do not activate my test kit properly?
Unfortunately if your test is not correctly activated we will be unable to contact you with your results. If you feel that you haven’t correctly activated your test kit you must contact us as soon as possible.
I’ve activated and taken my test, now what?
Please ensure your test is packed as per the instructions within the test kit. You should then send your test to the lab as soon as possible by either using the attached pre-paid tracked24 label to post it or, for much faster results you may wish to courier it to the lab in Central London. Do not take your test to the Lab if you have any symptoms suggestive of Covid-19.
What is my unique bar code?
The unique bar code is listed on your test kit box and should be used at the time of activation.
What do I need to do before taking my test?
Please wash your hands thoroughly. Ideally you should not take your test in close proximity to others, make sure you sanitise the area in which you take your test e.g. tables, mirrors etc.
What is the PCR Swab Test?
The test involves taking a single combined swab of your throat and then nose.
It is a PCR test that detects the genetic information of the virus, the RNA. This is only possible if the virus is there and someone is actively infected. By detecting the viral RNA, which will be present in the body before antibodies form or symptoms of the disease are present, the test can tell whether or not someone has the virus very early on.
We provide an instruction leaflet and video that details how you should take the test.
Will the swab hurt?
You will need to take samples from both your throat and nostrils. This can feel uncomfortable, you may feel like gagging but you should not experience pain. Do not insert the swab any deeper if you begin to experience strong resistance or pain.
When will I receive my results?
We aim to have your results to you via SMS or email within 24 hours of the lab receiving your test, tests couriered to the lab will usually be processed quicker.
If your sample arrive at the lab before 1pm, results will be provided on the same day.
How Accurate are the tests
The assays used at salient bio show a high sensitivity and specificity, with no cross-reactivity with other viruses.
Who should take these Day 2 tests?
If you have returned from International travel from a Green listed country you are required, by law to undertake a day 2 PCR test so as to prevent and reduce the risk of Covid-19 being imported into the UK.
What if my swab test is positive?
If you test positive
1. You must immediately self-isolate in line with local government guidelines.
2. ZoomDoc GP will call to discuss your result
3. You must then use the online coronavirus 119 service who will advise you on the next steps to take.
Do you issue certificates?
Yes – the ZoomDoc team will send you a copy of your results and certificate as soon as we receive them. The certificate is the laboratory certificate which confirms your full name, date of birth, the date and time the sample was taken.
”At ZoomDoc, we have supported thousands of patients during the Covid-19 pandemic with our efficient and reliable PCR testing service. Our amazing Trustpilot reviews are testament to the high quality service that our team of Doctors have provided during the last year. This PCR test can be activated and used on day 2 as part of the government guidelines for anyone who has returned from a green listed county. If you have returned from an amber or red listed country you will be required to take both a day 2 and a day 8 test. “
Dr Kenny Livingstone. GP & ZoomDoc Chief Medical Officer.