Vaccine exemption certificate
Same-day vaccine medical exemption certificate, required to confirm the vaccine you cannot be given.
About this medical letter
Vaccine medical exemption certificate
If you are unable to have a specific vaccine for medical reasons, you may require an exemption certificate as evidence.
Some examples of vaccines that you may not be able to have on medical grounds include: yellow fever, influenza or covid-19 vaccines.
Our doctors can provide you with a same-day medical certificate that will confirm which vaccine you are advised against being given, due to associated health risks. No appointment is needed – simply apply online.
What will I receive?
You will receive a verifiable digital PDF letter signed by a medical professional and sent directly to your mobile, containing the following details:
- Your name and date of birth.
- Name of the specific vaccine with medical confirmation you should avoid it.
- Signature and authorisation by one of our GMC-registered UK doctors.
- Contact details of ZoomDoc Health with a QR code enabling a verification check.
Important – clinical indications for exemption certificate
Specific clinical indications for which our doctors can provide this certificate include:
- Allergic reaction to other vaccines
- History of anaphylaxis to a vaccine
- Known allergy to vaccine components
- Multisystem inflammatory syndrome
- Current moderate or severe illness
- Myocarditis or pericarditis after a Covid-19 vaccine
- Severe learning disabilities or severe autism for which a vaccine would cause severe distress
- Receiving end of life care
Please note: Without verifiable proof of a clinical indication for exemption, our doctors will be unable to provide this certificate.
Our vaccine medical exemption certificate expires 12 months after issue.
How to get a Vaccine exemption certificate online with ZoomDoc
Upload a video and complete a questionnaire
Upload by 9pm for same-day service. This should be a 30 second – 1 minute video + your digital Summary Care Record or a doctor’s letter confirming one of the medical conditions listed above.
Doctor validates evidence
Our doctors will look over the evidence you provide.
Receive your letter, same day
You’ll receive an email with your letter, with a QR code so they can be verified and accepted worldwide.
What will I need to supply?
To allow us to assess your condition and issue a medical certificate, we will require the following information:
- A photo of your passport or driving license
- Your digital Summary Care Record or a doctor’s letter confirming the medical reason for exemption
- Your completed online medical form
- Details of your regular doctor (if you have one)
When to test
All done within minutes!
All done within minutes! Paid, sent video for ID verification and proof of medical reason, quick form completed, then received the vaccine exemption certificate after 6 min. I found the service on Google and had second thoughts about it, but decided to give it a try. I'm very happy with ZoomDoc and totally recommend.
Date of experience: April 22, 2023
Bruna Gutierrez, GB
Frequently Asked Questions
What will happen after I purchase a vaccine medical exemption certificate?
After purchase we will provide you with your unique certificate booking reference number, which will allow you to upload your medical evidence.
Once uploaded, our doctors will review your evidence on the same day (between 9am and 9pm GMT, 7 days a week) – they may call you if they have any questions.
Once validated, we will send your vaccine medical exemption certificate to you by email and SMS.
What medical evidence do I require?
We will require you to:
✓ Upload a photo of your passport or driving license
✓ Complete a medical questionnaire
✓ Upload your digital Summary Care Record or a doctor’s letter confirming the medical reason for exemption
Why are there QR codes on medical letters?
Our medical letters have QR codes that can be scanned to verify the document's authenticity.
Once scanned, your personal online results portal is loaded, from where your medical letter can be reviewed and personal details confirmed.
Do you provide refunds?
We only provide full refunds if we are unable to provide a medical letter.
Once our doctors have provided a medical letter, we are unable to process a refund.
When will I receive my vaccine medical exemption certificate?
Our team will review your evidence and provide your certificate on the same day that evidence has been uploaded (between 9am and 9pm GMT, 7 days a week).
Who signs the vaccine medical exemption certificate?
Our UK doctors at ZoomDoc Health sign your vaccine medical exemption certificate.
We are a UK-regulated healthcare service and all our doctors are registered with the UK General Medical Council.
Yellow Fever Vaccine Medical Exemption Criteria
All of the following list of criteria; our Doctors can provide a same day yellow fever vaccine exemption certificate:
- Babies under 6 months old.
- People with a weakened immune system, such as those with leukaemia or lymphoma.
- People whose immune system is weakened by treatment, such as steroids and chemotherapy.
-People who are allergic to any of the ingredients in the vaccine, including people with an egg allergy.
- People who've had a severe reaction to a previous dose of yellow fever vaccine.
- People with a thymus gland disorder or who've had their thymus gland removed.
- People over the age of 60 who are travelling to areas where yellow fever vaccine is not generally recommended. [Simply confirming your age with your passport is sufficient evidence].
- People who have a close relative who has had a severe reaction to the vaccine causing damage to the brain or other organs.
”Our amazing 5-star Trustpilot reviews are testament to the high-quality service that our doctors provide. Vaccines are hugely important, but if you have a medical condition or allergy that increases your risk from taking a specific vaccine, then our doctors can review your medical case and provide an exemption certificate. This certificate may be required for travelling to specific countries. Our medical certificates and letters all have QR codes that make it easy to verify and confirm their validity.“
Dr Kenny Livingstone. GP & ZoomDoc Chief Medical Officer.